Thursday, March 8, 2007

In the process of creation...

This is the beginning of a painting I started at Thanksgiving. I asked a bunch of my friends at to write things they were thankful for. You can't see the words now, but I like knowing that they are there. The words are a part of the history of this painting. I dropped orange and red and then dark violet paint on the canvas, added some water, and voila! I don't know what it is yet but I like it right now. It feels like a womb to me....or something developing, emerging...
I love this painting so far. The colors on most of my photographs are a lot less intense than they are in real life. I experiemented with this one in Photoshop to see if I could re-create the actual color. I think this is a little too bright, but more accurate than the other photos. This one also feels like something growing...maybe a seed with roots. We'll see where it goes.
This is another section of the same painting above. Like I said, the colors are much more intense in real life. But I like the paths that were created by the drops of water traveling through the dark blue paint, leaving their trail behind.

No comments: